EMT Class At Centre Life Link
EMT Class at Centre Life Link.
This program is a foundation to serve emergency medical services and offer certification programs for basic pre-hospital care. To provide quality education to enhance the students ability to deliver lifesaving skills.
Emergency Medical Technician students participate in many physical skills. It is CCPSTC advisement all students insure themselves for accidental injury. CCPSTC does not maintain insurance coverage for students in our training programs.
Students will be taught knowledge and skills for the prehospital level of care. Students will use each other as patients for skills based scenarios.
Course objective is presented through a series of chapters, lab sessions, and assessments.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Assessment of injuries and illnesses (Medical and Trauma)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) & Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- Pediatric and geriatric emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Lifting, moving and transportation of patients
- The assisting of patients with their own prescribed medications